Looking for fun family-friendly things to do around the cities for Memorial Weekend 2019?
Check out local events below and have a safe and fun weekend, remembering those who have given their lives and sacrifices alike for our country!
LEARN ABOUT THE HISTORY OF MEMORIAL DAY
- Visit Fort Snelling Open to the public Saturday–Monday, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Attend their annual Memorial Day Weekend event
ENJOY SOME OUTDOOR MUSIC
- Visit Lake Harriet Band Shell
- Dance and sing in the stands or have a picnic on the grass while listening to performances by Sawyer’s Dream with its seventies vibe and harmony rock and Rubber Soul, a tribute to the Beatles. View full schedule and details right here
SEE A BREATHTAKING WATERFALL
HONOR THE FALLEN SOLDIERS
- Hop on over to Lakewood Cemetery where they host an annual Memorial Day Celebration . The Memorial Day Ceremony starts at 10:30 a.m. featuring stories that help us honor and remember those who died during U.S. military service
- The service will also include musical accompaniment by the Minneapolis Police Band and our popular dove release.